Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Vol. 2 tutorial for hooded eyes

Morphe Brushes 06F - PRESSED POWDER PALETTE - Review & Swatches!


As you might have already noticed from previous posts on this blog, I really love Morphe palettes. I have quite a few of their eyeshadow palettes. The other face palette I own is the 9B Blush Palette which I have already shown, but I haven't shown the 06F Pressed Powder Palette, so here it is!




As you can see, the pigmentation is really great! The shade on the top left is a "Banana" type of shade, so a light yellow-toned color, very nice for highlighting the under eye area. The one below is darker and more neutral, so it could be used as a setting powder all over the face. In the top middle, you get a pinky/peachy shade that could be used for color correcting, and below is a darker, mustardy/ochre shade that I don't really reach for. I think someone with a darker complexion could use this as a setting powder. The final two shades are a contour shade on the top and a bronzer on the bottom. The contour shade is very cool-toned and slightly ashy which is perfect for contouring, and the bronzer is a pretty dark warm chocolaty color.

All 6 powders in this palette are completely matte which I really like because for setting my face or sculpting it, I don't like to use anything shimmery. You can always add shimmer later to targeted areas in my opinion. Personally, my favorite two shades are the cool-toned contour color and the light banana color, just because these are shades that I use on a daily basis. I have a lot of redness in my skin, so a slightly yellow powder helps cancel that out. I do own the Ben Nye Banana Powder, but that one is way too dark for me when I'm not tanned, so it's very nice to have something light enough for my pale skin.

As for the peachy color in the middle, I don't exactly know what to do with it because if I was going to color correct, which I never do anyways since I don't have dark circles, I would prefer using a cream product in a peachy color and then set that with a regular or even yellow powder. I am not sure if a peachy powder alone would do the trick, and added onto a peachy concealer I think it would look too pink and therefore make you look kind of sick around the eyes...let me know however if you have this and figured out a way to use this shade! Maybe if you have very yellow undertones and want to counteract that, this would be a perfect color for you to use.

Here's a short video to show your the colors a little bit better: