Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Vol. 2 tutorial for hooded eyes

BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette - Review & Swatches!

I got this palette on the BH Cosmetics website on sale for only 8 USD which is such a great deal. Here's a closer look at the palette:






And here are all colors swatched (from top left to bottom right):

Taken with no flash in natural daylight & not edited in any way so it stays true to color.



My opinion

I love this palette! It's so versatile and easy to throw in your purse and carry with you, and the color selection is beautiful. The pigmentation of these shadows is so good! The purple shade though (forth from right) :( not that pigmented, requires some building up. 

The two baked shades on the bottom are actually labelled as highlighters. Missy Lynn, a Youtuber and military member created this palette with BH Cosmetics, and since she is a woman of color, she designed these shades to be worn as highlighters on deeper skintones like hers. I can't use them as highlighters on me as they are much too dark, but they make for gorgeous eyeshadows! And obviously I was aware of that when purchasing the palette.

Another thing to mention is the size of these eyeshadows! They are pretty big, so you are getting a lot of product. I have used these before but in the pictures they look pretty much untouched. So I believe I won't hit pan on these any time soon (maybe never since I only grab for this every once in a while).

I find this palette is suitable for absolutely everyone. I have one little critique though: These eyeshadows stink! They smell so bad of chemicals - such an unpleasant scent. And it kind of makes you wonder what they are made of to have this smell :O But then again, this was 8 $! And the smell is only bothersome while using the shadows.

Yay or nay? 

Big time yay for this! This is a perfect little palette with nicely pigmented shadows, a beautiful color selection, great for on the go with a built-in mirror at a very affordable price. You can't go wrong with this! I believe that this was limited edition though, so if you want this, make sure to get your hands on it while it's still available!
 

Komentar