Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Vol. 2 tutorial for hooded eyes

Review & Swatches: Morphe Brushes Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette


Hey guys, if you've been following my blog, you know that I LOVE Morphe and their eyeshadow palettes. I was lucky enough to get my hands on the Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette which was released at the end of last year. I absolutely love this palette, so I wanted to show it on my blog. The below picture shows the back of the packaging the palette comes in:



Now for the inside of the palette, there are 28 eyeshadows in here. They are mostly warm-toned, a lot of browns, oranges, pinks, purples and one green.

taken without flash
All colors have numbers, so if you wanna get them individually, here they are:
first row (left to right): 4, 54, 6, 76, 64, 14, 75
second row (left to right): 67, 13, 62, 63, 20, 47, 66
third row (left to right): 33, 68, 16, 15, 61, 24, 74
fourth row (left to right): 11, 59, 38, 53, 48, 71, 19


taken with flash
 Here are all shades swatched:

top row, left to right
The first 4 shadow are great highlight shades (inner corners, browbone, maybe even for the cheekbones)

second row, left to right
For some reason the first shade doesn't want to show up well on camera :/
It's an irredescent pink with a cool blueish undertone.


third row, left to right
Sorry my camera focused on the shades in the front only :/

bottom row, left to right
Finally a good shot! And look at the colors matching in the background! :)

I think the swatches of these shades really speak for themselves, even though my swatch game isn't strong :/ I mean, look at that pigmentation! Isn't it insane that this palette was $28?

The quality of these shadows is so amazing; they absolutely compare to MAC or Makeup Geek in my opinion. They are very pigmented, buttery, easy to blend, and the shade selection is right up my alley. I've played around with this palette quite a bit since I got it and I think my favorites would have to be no. 76, 68, 59, 13 and 20.

I love that this palette introduced me to some shades that I don't think I would have bought if they hadn't been in here, like the pinks and cranberries. Now I use them all the time and love how they look! That's a great thing about palettes as opposed to single eyeshadows - they can really inspire you and give you a lot of room for creativity.

This palette has been sold out for a long time and sadly it's not coming back. I've seen people sell them on eBay for horrendous prices. But don't worry, if you love the colors in this palette, you can buy them individually (Morphe also sells empty palettes where you can pop them in). One eyeshadow is only $2, so it's a great deal.

Once it's back in stock, I am totally getting the 35O Palette which I have been dying to order for what feels like months :) And I also want the 35D palette which has some really fun pops of color in it. So once I managed to get them, I will review & swatch them on my blog of course!

Komentar