Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Vol. 2 tutorial for hooded eyes

Carli Bybel - 14 Color Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette - Review & Swatches!


It took me about 3 months to receive this palette! I had already given up on it when it finally arrived now, so I am very excited to share this.

1st row, left to right
2nd row, left to right
3rd row, left to right
These are the highlighters/bronzers!


I do own a few BH Cosmetics eyeshadow palettes and find them to be a little bit hit and miss. While I LOVE the Missy Lynn Palette (click to view the review + swatches), the "Smokey Eyes - 28 Color Eyeshadow Palette" was a huge disappointment (very poor pigmentation). So I hoped that Carli's palette would be one of the good ones - and it is!

First of all, the color selection in this palette is so beautiful! You will love this if you're into warm looks since you get bronzes, golds, coppers, rose golds, and also some rosy, pinky, mauvy and plummy shades. Some of the eyeshadows look very similar to the highlighters, but when you swatch them, you can see that they are not the exact same. These colors will look good on any eyecolor.

The first shade from the 2nd row really surprised me when I swatched it because it is a duochrome color that reflects pink and gold. So beautiful! The pigmentation of these eyeshadows is great, they are buttery and blend easily. You get a lot of shimmers/metallics in this palette, however you get 5 mattes as well: the first row is all matte except for the second to left shade. The last color from the 2nd row, which is a cool toned brown, does have some shimmer to it as you can see, but it pretty much looks matte swatched, therefore it qualifies as a matte.

The bottom row has the highlighters, which are bigger than the eyeshadows and have a floral design on them. I can only use the first two as actual highlighters because I am very fair. The other two shades can be used as bronzers or eyeshadows as well. I found that the floral design on the highlighters fades very easily, especially on the second to left shade which seems to be even more buttery than the others. When I dipped my finger in it a couple of times to swatch it, I already removed most of that pattern. So if you use this everyday, chances are that you might actually run out some time.

The palette comes with a mirror!

I am VERY impressed with BH's quality. This palette is only $ 12,50. It is limited edition and very popular, so if you want it, you should get your hands on it now. I definitely love it and highly recommend it!


Komentar